The Foundation draws on the experience of its French parent organisation, the Fondation Apprentis d’Auteuil, which summarises its principle task as follows: welcome – educate – train – integrate young people in difficulty.
The FAAI pursues three main goals:
- To advocate on behalf of vulnerable young people and families on the international stage.
- To support, the development of projects to help street children, young people who need support with training and integration, and vulnerable families
- To develop projects in Switzerland to help young people in difficulty, in partnership with Swiss organisations
- Improve the quality of support for young people and families by sharing its education and teaching knowledge with its local partners.
- Enhance and consolidate local initiatives by providing technical and methodological support.
- Broaden the educational and career prospects of the young people assisted by its local partners.
The work is organised around 5 programmes:
- Avenir d’Enfants: Protection of street children
- Entrepreneuriat Jeunes: training and professional integration, business start-up assistance
- Pas à Pas: education of the most vulnerable young people
- Family Boost: supporting families in the education of their children
- Meneurs de Paix: developing an international outlook in young people, peace education of young people, for further information: www.faai.ch
The Albatros Foundation has been supporting the FAAI since 2016 through an after school care project in Geneva: Les Enfants du Parc